- The Western Xperience starts in Robbinsville, NC and the Eastern Xperience in Highlands, NC.
- Further details including meeting location and itinerary will be sent after registration.
For our Western Smokies Xperience:
For our Eastern Smokies Xperience:
You can also choose Airbnb.
It’s a good question!
- A high-performance driving specialist at the helm
- Professional, performance driving tips
- Undiscovered vantage points
- Professional photography and videography
- Welcome dinner
- Morning coffees and 2 lunches
- Extensively researched route planning: we know The Smoky Mountains like the back of our hands! And, all our routes are pre-planned to the mile – from surveying the road quality to assessing congestion and scoping scenery for photographic opportunities
- Enthusiasm, passion and knowledge: spearheaded by self-driving specialist, Andy has participated in high-performance driving for over a decade and covered over 15,000 miles of driving in The Great Smoky Mountains, alone.
- Branded shirt
- Camaraderie: Our events are as much about a specialized driving experience as they are the people. And, the friendships developed are often lasting so share your passion with like-minded sports car enthusiasts
- One on one, in-car coaching is available at an additional cost. Spaces are limited, on a first come first served basis.
We start at 8.30am and finish around 5pm. We have planned fuel stops, lunch and photo opportunities. So you’re looking at about five to six hours actual driving time. Any more than that, we’d be on our knees and thirsty for a cold one!
Before our first drive, Andy briefly shares car control techniques and rules of the road. All our drives are lead/follow with Andy in the lead. We give you the option for in-car coaching, from seasoned instructors, on either Thursday afternoon or Sunday morning (based on availability and at an additional cost).
On Thursday you can join us for lunch (at your expense), then a 2–3-hour drive, or you can just show up for the main drives on Friday and Saturday morning. You may also want to stay for a 2–3-hour drive on Sunday morning; your choice.
The short answer is like-minded, sports car enthusiasts, much like you!
Our events include a balance between individuals, couples and pairs – could be your partner, friend or family member – with a passion for unpretentious, adventure-fueled driving experiences.
Absolutely! Typically, our events are made up of 1/4 couples and 3/4 singles. And by couples we mean spouse, partner, friend or child (over 16 years of age please).
It’s worth remembering that these events are about getting the most out of your sports car, learning specialized driving techniques and creating camaraderie, so we always limit participation to a maximum of 20 cars.
Although we implement stringent safety procedures to mitigate risk – such as inter-vehicle communication, a convoy system and avoiding built up areas – each driver is responsible for their own vehicle insurance, vehicle checks, AAA and/or vehicle manufacturer roadside assistance.
We recommend you get a pre-event vehicle inspection (similar to a track inspection), that inspects your tires, brake pads, brake fluid boiling temperature. Your brakes will get used quite a bit and the fluid will get hot. Whether or not racing brake fluid is needed should be based on your manufacturers recommendation. We highly recommend it – taking a two day mountain driving event of approximately 500 miles into account.
To sign up to an event, click on the Book Now button to make full payment. Please select your ticket type (single or double).
On payment, an account is automatically created and an email is sent to confirm the account has been set up.
Within the ‘My Account’ there is a section to complete the necessary waivers for the event which need to be completed before the event starts.
- Driver’s license
- Credit cards
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Brimmed hat or baseball cap
- Any preferred cleaning supplies
And don’t forget to dress for the season.
It’s not uncommon for drivers who don’t normally suffer from motion sickness, to become more susceptible to it on the mountain roads. So, we’d suggest bringing an anti-nausea medication as a preventative measure, regardless. But, please validate it with your doctor first!
The short answer is, very changeable! Bring an outfit for every eventuality.
We’ve put together a little list of extra’s for you:
- Rain jacket
We drive (rain or shine) but naturally if the weather becomes dangerous, we reserve the right to cancel the day – to be fair, that doesn’t happen often!
The mobile phone service in the mountains tends to be intermittent, so we carry a satellite phone. Mobile service is better with Verizon than AT&T.
In addition, each car is provided with a two-way radio system – enabling inter-car communication and changes such as traffic, obstacles, low fuel or rest stops. But besides the logistics and safety they are an endless source of entertaining banter!
Our rallies are open to owners of sports and performance cars. Examples of cars that have attended include: Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Lamborghini, McLaren, Audi, Corvette, Camaro and Mustang to name a few. Our events are geared towards drivers who live to drive and want to enhance their driving skills.
A non-refundable full payment is required at the time of booking.
Any changes or cancellations made within 28 days of the rally start date are eligible to be transferred to a future rally within 6 months. Additional costs may apply.
A no show for any reason forfeits the full event amount. Refunds will not be issued for no shows due to weather or transport problems.
All bookings purchased through special offers are non-refundable.
If RS Xperience has to cancel the event, we are happy to transfer your booking to a future event within 12 months or we will refund you the full amount paid. We run our events come rain or shine.
RS Xperience is not responsible for any cancellation fees for rooms not booked by RS Xperience.